I am not the type of girl who owns a fancy hair dryer. Except that…apparently I am, thanks to the generous folks at Dermstore.com who sent me their newly launched Harry Josh Ultra Light Hair Dryer (free to try out)! It couldn’t have come at a better time because I was more than ready to replace my old Conair dryer which I think cost me a whole of $20.
I never thought I’d say this about something that I consider somewhat utilitarian, but this hair dryer is beautiful. It’s made of a recycled light, but strong matte plastic that looks very eco and cool. And mint, who doesn’t love mint?
There are affiliate links in this post. You won’t pay any more by buying through an affiliate link, but I’ll get a small commission. These links in no way influence how I write my reviews.
Harry Josh Ultra Light Hair Dryer Review
1. It dries my hair SO fast. Maybe 1/2 the time it took me to dry my hair with my old dryer. When you’re rushed in the morning to get to school drop-off, that makes a big difference. The Harry Josh Ultra Light blows air at 94mph.
2. It’s light. The dryer weighs less than a pound. Actually I’m pretty sure the power cord weighs more than the dryer itself. Now they just need to make Ultra-Light Power Cords. A light hair dryer is great for travel, and this is small enough you could use it instead of buying a separate travel dryer.
3. It makes my hair smooth and non-frizzy and looking like I just had a blowout. Like that girl who owns a fancy hairdryer. That girl is now me.
4. It’s quiet. I have 2 kids and drying my hair at night, I usually have to close the doors of my bedroom AND my bathroom. With the Harry Josh Ultra Light Hair Dryer, I actually feel okay just running it. Also, my husband doesn’t complain about the noise, so that’s a plus. It’s not, honestly, quite as whisper-quiet as it claims, but it’s still an improvement on my old dryer.
5. Green beauty enthusiasts may appreciate that it is engineered to be more power-efficient and to use less energy. It’s basically the Tesla of hair dryers.
1. The price. The Harry Josh Ultra Light Hair Dryer retails for $349. That’s a big chunk of cash. You can get some pretty nice appliances for that amount of money. The Dyson hair dryer costs more, and while I’m sure it’s an excellent dryer, what I’ve heard from people who have tried both is that the Harry Josh dries hair faster.
ALSO, there does exist the option of buying the original Harry Josh Hair Dryer, which is $100 less, and which won the Allure Best in Beauty Award for 2016. I think this is a great option if you want the functionality of a high-end hair dryer at a more affordable price.
Splurge or Skip?
Honestly, you have to decide for yourself if it’s worth it to splurge on a fancy hair dryer like this. If you dry your hair every day, it’s probably worth it to get the Harry Josh Ultra Light Hair Dryer. It’s going to save you time in the morning, and it will probably do less damage to your hair than a cheaper hair dryer.
If you go and get blowouts often enough that you’re spending a lot of money on them, then it might be worth it to get the Harry Josh Ultra Light Hair Dryer. It gets my hair so smooth and silky it really rivals when my hairdresser blow dries it. I don’t even feel the need to bust out the straightening iron after using it. And the smoothness lasts for as long as I don’t wash my hair.
If you only use a hair dryer very occasionally, then this probably isn’t for you.
Buy It At
The Harry Josh Ultra Light Pro Dryer is exclusively available at Dermstore.com for $349.
Thank you, Dermstore.com for giving me the opportunity to try this product! This product was received free to review. All opinions are my own as always.